Monday, May 5, 2008

As soon as i reached home loaded with my new salary...

Scrutinizing me from head to the tiny toe was my dear mom
Searching for the flaws – faults due to her absence
Fretting over the lost milligram in my weight
And fussing over her home-coming dearest daughter
Brother hovering around for more my office stories
And telling me the progress on his new lorries
With a proud smile, he showed his stylish new shirts
As a kid who shows his hard won laurels to his mother
Dad was silent, not a word spoken but responsible for the cheese
Cherry and gems that found their way suddenly into the house and into the refrigerator
With the same speed they were hidden behind, knowing my unease
Scolding mom for that extra chilli in the curry that would hurt me
Love has different forms, not always the same…
Mother’s spate, Brother’s subdued, Dad’s silent…
Oh My God!! What have I traded for…
Oh My God!! For What have I traded for….

No comments: